Teens Self Help

A medium to express myself and talk about my feelings, hoping to inspire you... "Believe in yourself, in the power you have to control your own life day by day. Believe in the strength that you have deep inside and your faith will help show you the way. Believe in tomorrow and what it will bring. For things will work out if you trust and believe there is no limit to what you can do!" (Larry S. Chengges)

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Deep within our hearts...

I love the following poem, which I read to my students today. The original poem was written by Edmund O'Neill. I added a couple of things to make it work better when reading it in my classes (in parentheses):

Deep within our hearts,
each (one) of us carries the seed
of a secret dream,
special and unique to each individual (I read: to each one of us).
Sometimes another person
can share that dream (with us)
and help it grow to fulfillment;
other times, the dream remains
a solitary pursuit, known only
to the seeker. But secret or shared,
no matter what it might be,
a dream is a potential which
should never be discouraged. For
each (one) of us also carries within ourselves
a light which can cause the seed
to grow and blossom into (a) beautiful reality...
that same light I've seen shine
so clearly in (all of) you.

(So, keep dreaming, keep believing, keep a rainbow in your heart!)

I hope you like it as much as I do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home