Teens Self Help

A medium to express myself and talk about my feelings, hoping to inspire you... "Believe in yourself, in the power you have to control your own life day by day. Believe in the strength that you have deep inside and your faith will help show you the way. Believe in tomorrow and what it will bring. For things will work out if you trust and believe there is no limit to what you can do!" (Larry S. Chengges)

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Endurance

"Is my love enduring? Does it withstand challenges and setbacks? Do I give and withhold love according to my moods or is it constant regardless of the ups and downs of life?"
Simon Jacobson

Interesting question to think about, isn't it? Is my love enduring? Is my love unconditional? Do I give love when it's only convenient to me, when others fulfill my expectations, when others please me and when I'm in a good mood? Or, do I give my love no matter what, even when others upset me at times and when I'm feeling down?

Do I give love even when others don't know how to love? I'm I patient enough? Understanding enough? Tolerant enough? Respectful enough? Loving enough? Have I exhausted all the possibilities of preserving a loving relationship? It's true that some relationships are just NOT MEANT TO BE, that sometimes we just have to say GOODBYE... But, let's reflect and think: have we really tried hard enough to preserve and keep our relationship with someone. If the answer is yes, then we can feel at peace and move on. If the answer is no, then we should try to explore other options and through forgiveness try to reconcile with the person we're having a disagreement with - the person who hurt our feelings. Let's think carefully whether we're taking their behavior, words and actions personally - since we shouldn't! Let's consider the possibility of communicating our feelings to them with love and kindness, and to say "I am sorry", even if we didn't cause the conflict, even if we feel that it was the other person's fault. If we try and fail, then, at least we tried...

"Recognize that all relationships cannot be forever. Recognize their temporary quality, but continue to act as if they are permanent."

"Never force anyone to do anything for you 'in the name of love.' Love is not to be bargained for."

Check: http://www.TeensSelfHelp.com
and other favorite websites: http://www.LivingLifeFully.com, http://meaningfullife.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home